Friday, January 4, 2019

book chat - Micro Living

I can't be the only one who has dreamed of ditching all my crap and going tiny, right? When I saw this title pop up, I had to check it out!

Micro Living by Derek "Deek" Diedricksen, Published October 30th 2018 by Storey Publishing, LLC
I'm a sucker for tiny houses! I have lived in a few tiny places myself - a tiny, dry cabin in Alaska, very small apartments and a class C RV - but u will dream of a tiny house on wheels. The structures features here are divided into big tinies (250+ - 400 sq ft), small tinies (150-250 sq ft) and teeny tinies (under 150 sq ft). We get a wide variety of styles and cost ranges as well as a variety of structure types. Some are indeed built onto trailers, but others are on foundations or skids or even on stilts or in trees! While not every structure featured is set up for full time living, most are and in every case, there's plenty for inspiration if nothing else. I enjoyed reading Deek's take in the various builds, what he thinks works well and what doesn't. Those who built the structures also comment on what they would do differently. In addition, there are essays on the challenges of living tiny, minimalism and things to think about before beginning to build. While not every one suits my own style, this is a fun book to read through and dream. Will I ever build my own tiny house? Maybe, maybe not. But considering all the possibilities sure is fun!
Thank you to Netgalley and Storey Publishing for the opportunity to read and review this book. All comments are my own, unbiased opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. =)