Saturday, January 12, 2019

book chat - Almost Somewhere

Almost Somewhere: Twenty-Eight Days on the John Muir Trail by Suzanne Roberts, Published September 1st 2012 by Bison Books

Awhile back, I tried reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail and couldn't make it through it, even the audiobook version. Thankfully, Suzanne Roberts' book about her month-long hike along the John Muir Trail with two of her friends held my attention much better. While not my favorite travel book, I still enjoyed this one. At the time, the women were in their early twenties and struggling with their own, individual issues. Stepping into nature and away from the hustle and bustle of society can be healing (and jarring when you return). Though this adventure took place in the 1990s, I can't imagine it would be much different these days. We could all do with more time in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. =)