Tuesday, January 15, 2019

book chat - Bird Box

You've likely seen this one, well, everywhere at this point. Netflix is pretty good at that. The premise is, something is out there and when people see it, they go crazy and kill themselves.

Bird Box by Josh Malerman, Published May 14th 2014 by HarperAudio (first published March 27th 2014)
When I saw the movie pop up on Netflix and saw it was a book first, I really wanted to read the book first even though I don't usually go for horror-type books. Rarely does the movie live up to the book though and it seemed like there would be enough story to pull me in. Happily, my library had the audiobook to download so I listened while I worked, then watched the movie after.

The audiobook is 9+ hours, the movie only 2, so I wasn't surprised by how much was changed. They can only cram so much in and a lot needed to change to make it work on screen. I love Sandra Bullock but yeah, if you're only going to do one or the other, read the book. That said, after what felt like a rushed first half, the movie did get better, but I still think the book was better.

If you like suspense, this will likely be a good pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. =)