Monday, May 16, 2016

homemade vegan mozzarella!

So what's a girl to do when she wants some cheesy goodness without dairy and also avoiding the plastic waste from packaged vegan cheese? Make her own, of course! Added bonus of course is there's no extra additives either. =)

I tried a vegan cream cheese once. It didn't go well. This time, I decided to try a mozzarella-like cheese and used the recipe here: vegan mozzarella!



It got even stretchier when it cooled a bit. I poured the leftovers into a glass dish and popped it into the fridge. While it did firm up more once cooled, it wasn't firm enough to slice or shred, but it did make a yummy grilled cheese!


Next time, I'll probably remelt the cheese before putting it on the bread to get more even coverage and be sure it is completely melted. Still, yummy. =) I'll have to try this recipe out on a pizza soon!

I can't vouch for how it would do in a microwave since I don't own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. =)